The grand opening of the 2016-17 season on PES
In the world of football games, there are two development studios that know what they're doing. On the one hand, the North American guys at Electronic Arts with their FIFA, and on the other, Konami with their Pro Evolution Soccer. They're the two football games par excellence and it doesn't look the technical draw is going to end any day soon. And that's why they are still the best the favorite football games for users of both PC, as well as PS3, PS4, Xbox, Android and iPhone.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2017: polishing up a classic
With this new installment of Konami's soccer franchise, the user can enjoy all the latest updates implemented by the Japanese company to try to win over the fans of football games spread all over the planet. PES 2017 - Pro Evolution Soccer is basically a great update to PES 2016 which was already a fantastic game.
Different aspects of PES 2016 have been improved.
The game has become more fluid, faster and certain transitions that interrupted the game's pace have been removed.
Among the updates introduced in this year's version of Pro Evolution Soccer we have to point out:
- Real Touch System: it's a system that intends to improve the game's one-touch football achieving a better ball control. Now you'll even be able to carry out directed controls.
- Adaptable artificial intelligence with six difficulty levels (from schoolboy to legend): the game's AI has been improved and is capable of adapting to your playing style. That means that the machine will evolve as you change tactics and styles as if you were playing against Mourinho or Guardiola.
- Natural movements of the players: existing animations have been improved and new ones have been added, bringing more naturalness to the moves of each player.
- Realistic goalkeepers: the goalies' moves have been improved offering a wider range of animations.
- Build your own squad: thanks to the myClub Scout or Auction functions you can sign any player you want.
Which Pro Evolution Soccer is the best? Obviously this latest version for the year 2017.
The different improvements applied to the game have led to a real-life and unpredictable football, with a more believable physical behavior. Human reactions have also been improved... we can watch Cristiano, Messi, Rooney or Hazard burst out in happiness after scoring, have a rant at the ref after a foul or show desperation after missing a chance on goal.
The never-ending license story
Well, everything couldn't be perfect... but if you're a PES regular, we suppose you're not to bothered about this issue. Therefore, it comes along with a couple of licensed teams like FC Barcelona or Atletico Madrid; but the rest of teams receive funny fictional names like MD White (Real Madrid) or ED White Orange (Valencia). At least the players do come along with their real name because Konami has reached an agreement with FIFPro.
These are the leagues licensed in PES 2017:
Regarding other countries, some teams are licensed and some not (some clubs have exclusive agreements with EA Sports).
You can edit the names of the teams yourself if you get fed up of these fake names.
Which one's better? PES 17 or FIFA 17?
The answer to this question doesn't make too much sense at this point in time. Whoever prefers one saga over the other does so for very specific reasons; comparisons don't do anyone good and we're talking about two very decent soccer games. So the best thing you can do is download the trial edition demo to your PC and check if Pro Evolution is capable of getting to your heart.
- This is a demo version downloadable via Steam.
PES 2011 Android 1.0.6 New
The 2010-11 football season on your phone
The Pro Evolution Soccer for iPhone